Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 07:42 PM
Ambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
same guy here. i will just say appointment doesnt get you more money. example, i can be appointed as a OC of a unit.. as compared to another guy who is appointed staff officer of HQ.. both are DX9.. but we still draw the same pay scale.. though OC is a command appointment which is 'higher' appointment. i think your info slightly wrong. DX9B and DX9P definitely have different salaries. i think you you meant is DX9P can be paid more than DX10S.. which is possible. cause they overlap. PB is only determined by performance.. not rank. no extra allowance just because you are in higher appointment.

to do well, just keep performing. thats all. if you are good, bosses can see it and you can apply for higher appointments. else, be a farmer for 200-300 increment a year until ceiling is hit.
Appreciate the time taken to write it.

So, appointment in simple English means, to take up more projects to earn points, and doing well in them to earn even more points. When there's enough points accumulated, the bosses will have ammunition to fight for your promotion (eg 9S -> 9P, P is higher than S right) , which translates into higher salary scale in less time, and remaining the the middle of salary range.

I was wondering why there's so many comments that Dx9 can/may earn equal to Dx10, is it because this DX9 has no projects to impress and be promoted, but paid close to ceiling due to mandatory increments? (as you mentioned)

In this case the high paid Dx9 is at the ceiling and avg paid Dx10 is at the lower end of the spectrum? Big fish in small pond vs small fish in ocean? I assume for go-getter the ocean is a better place.