Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Need your advice and views here. I am currently in a transaction monitoring perm role and was approached for a 6 month contract KYC role for private wealth clients in a reputable US investment bank, well known to be able to pay generously. But it is also well known for its long hours.

I am unsure if I should give up my current job stability and worklife balance for the money and prestige of the company. Any advice please?
hi..

yes, US big banks are always known to hire such staff. then subsequently, these staff find roles elsewhere.

Things to consider:

- your age. Young then go for it, old then out of question. assume you're the former.
- prospect at current role. stay can get promoted? or stay 3 more years also same rank and scope?
- stability/conversion rate: there is a risk u may be jobless for a while after 6 months if they don't convert. can u afford this? flipside, I know some who are contractors and get converted/find perm role jobs with high base salary (Given contractors are usually paid high base)..are you willing

end of day, see what u chase. if u chase money, one day u will think worklife is more valuable. if u chase stability, then choice is also obvious.

all the best!