Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - University graduate working part-time? Help!
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
before careful.

who's gonna build your hdb flats?

we can stop talent from entering, but we can't stop factories from leaving.

singapore will become a fishing village again without foreign talent. be grateful.
Every time we talk about foreign white collar professionals the pm the sm will threaten with "who's gonna build your houses" rhetoric. Either there's something wrong with their listening skills or they are totally ignoring the question.

The facts on the ground:

- there are enclaves. The foreigners - be they Filipinos or Indians or whites - they like to hire their own kind. I even heard a butcher from UK was hired by his buddy into a good 6-figures a year job in a big bank here. I also witness my department hiring expensive Indian programmers with at most 2-3 years experience for 8k a month paid to an Indian HR outsourcing firm.

- these are good jobs taken away from Singapore's sons and daughters. These are jobs that we can do and do well.

- we have no qualms getting fw for construction and cleaning jobs but we thoroughly mind if the government and its leadership turn a blind eye whenever such issues are raised.

If I don't hear a convincing plan from them to address these issues (stop the who's gonna build your flats nonsense), and they don't have much time left, I'll know who to vote against.