Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Pass degree and what to expect?
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringolingo View Post
Hi all, I am now in NTU mech eng and I messed up in one semester which pulled down my gpa drastically. But I have retook the mods and cleared them.

I expect to graduate somewhere in the range of 2.3 gpa with another 2 semesters to go. I know that the grades are really miserable. But what advice would you give about career?

I have this inferiority complex about my grades but i'll try to go for interviews next semester once my fyp has settled down.

I guess most companies local or overseas will shun this kind of resume?
Any advise would be appreciated, thanks.
I am 10 years senior from NTU mech engineering. Similar to you, I have a pass degree only with GPA slightly less than 3. I would advise you the following.
1) find a proper resume template and enhance every possible bits of your resume such as leadership, CCA, any academic and non-academic achievement, community services etc. Not to the extent over exaggerating.
2) expand your selection - even 25% matching of your preferred job
3) check with connections for job opportunity - internship mentor, senior friends, relatives etc
4) send resume to all possible job opportunities especially those SME which should have lesser competition
5) during interview, be confident with yourself and be prepared to answer for your low GPA. Be truthful and show the interviewer you have correct attitude
6) relax and wait for results. Don't be overstress