Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does having an honors degree matter for Ministry's if I'm joining with several years of work experience? I have uniSIM degree so I don't know if it's considered local to them or not.
Depends. Your degree is not considered "local". Normally for ministry, they have a salary range for each scheme. So having an honours matter because within your degree itself, they will also peg your salary accordingly. So for example, you are earning 3k outside now and you are joining the ministry. The ministry has a scheme for your uni, say, 2.5k - 4.5k. They can give you 3.5k because you have x class honours. If you dont have any honours, maybe they pay you 3.2k. This is just an example.

Just for your info, the local university that government considers are NUS,NTU,SMU and SUTD for now. They will have the same pay range, in a scheme. Universities like uniSIM, SIM, SIT will have a different salary within the range but same scheme as the rest. So if you are worried about not being in the same scheme as your colleagues, dont worry. The only difference is just the starting pay