Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don’t think that’s a fair assessment. Most of these guys failed cos of WW’s eccentricity. Personally I’m from NUS, and I work in an international firm. The UK grads around are just as good as the local grads.
WW isn't eccentric. Company has the highest failure rate because its the most substantive and content heavy Part A subject, followed by Evidence.

And I think its really telling of how unequipped the foreign grads are in an academic sense. Most of them are hardly used to that level of academic rigour that the NUS or SMU kids are used to.

The UK law schools teach law in a very touch and go fashion; hit all the right points and you'll get an "A" in your exams. At NUS, if you just hit all the right points without any critical analysis, you'll be lucky to get a B - or C+ on the bell curve.

I've seen the Part A syllabus and papers. Its really touch and go, due to time constraints obviously. Overseas grads don't grapple with the subject material half as much as the NUS or SMU kids did in their 1st or 2nd years.