Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2018, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Post Part-time MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering MA View Post
I’m thinking of applying for a part-time MA programme unrelated to teaching. I have zero interest in doing an education-related MA.

Has anyone pursued this with a full teaching load before? I am concerned it will be sifficult to cope.

I do not plan to disclose my MA studies to my school as my principal will definitely not approve of this. She is already very unsupportive of colleagues asking for 90% load due to stress from part-time MA studies at NIE.
I’m currently doing part-time MA studies, not education related but related to my teaching subject. Be prepared to be asked why you intend to do so and you need a supportive P in order to proceed.

I’m still on full teaching load, 8 classes, secondary school and it is tough juggling between work and study, esp since my MA is a research MA. My colleagues who took coursework MA found it slightly easier to manage. Regardless, be prepared for late nights and high stress esp during peak periods like event planning and marking. Really need to manage your time properly. I do have colleagues who switched to part-time to cope but depends on your school’s needs and deployment.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app