Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2018, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

MOE needs many pri sch teachers now because JC/Sec teachers are saturated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all,
I know that many of you are experienced teachers here, so I am hoping that you might be able to give me some advice on my dilemma now.

I am holding a PhD in a teaching subject and before my PhD of 5 years, I had also 2 years of working experience as an engineer. I have a passion for teaching and I know I do enjoy it as I have had many relief teaching experiences already.

I have recently obtained a job offer from an international school doing IB (similar to ACS(I)) and have also applied in the recent window of PGDE. the CS I have chosen is the JC and Sec of my PhD/BSc major . However, the first offer that came offered me Pri English and Science. I actually love children and I can work with children, but I chose JC and Sec so that I can make use of my knowledge as my teaching subject is not available in primary level. So I have rejected that and they say that they will reconsider me for sec/jc level.

Salary wise, the offer I received is okay, though a little lower than my expected. I do not know what MOE is able to offer me a place/decent salary. I am just worried about the future coz the offer is a 2 year renewable, and I do not have that many options in Singapore unlike if I am NIE trained. There are still a couple of days in the window that MOE would be informing me, but the school is saying that they cannot wait too long for my decision.

Anyone can offer some advice for me?