Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Working in a bank
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Its good to work hard and you should work hard.
And if you work hard and fail, at least you can say you tried your best.

But unfortunately, I seen too many cases of people working hard yet falling behind in the rat race, probably even to people who work half as hard.

If you really think, if I work hard at my back office or middle office role, I will one day be able to be at the front office as a hot shot trader or hot shot sales person, I will be the one driving that porsche and making envy out of the whole office, PLEASE BE REALISTIC.

Working in the bank is not as simple as that.

I dont know but maybe you can as an accountant, work hard, get your ACCA and pay your dues in the office ranks and be way ahead of other. BUT I dare anyone who is in the middle or back office here to tell me that its easy to move to the front office to be a trader from where they are. And sometimes they work very hard, and probably go get some masters degree, and yet was not given a chance.

Please by all means work very hard and aim high, if you fail to hit where you set your target, dont be disheartened, dont feel like you are a lesser person than someone else.

Instead of feeling people are against you, learn to see what you have and appreciate it.

If you can think that way, life in the bank and everywhere else can be much more pleasant and fulfilling .