Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Freight Forwarding industry -- Fresh grad inquiries
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by santaends View Post
Thanks for the advice. I want to join for the passion and hope the money comes later. I'm not fussed about glamour, in fact I do like the nature of the work because it's challenging and impactful.

I'm not interested in civil service for the above reasons that I don't get a sense of purpose from it and I don't have a good degree class, don't want to be stuck halfway through my career prime knowing I can never rise above a certain glass ceiling. At least in private sector you can still fight it out.
At the end of the day passion cannot be eaten.. be more realistic and don't just "hope" that the money comes later. If I could go back to my uni days I wished I had a clearer career path instead.

It is a fallacy that you will earn more in the pte sector... assuming that you are of a certain caliber, at least you can retire in the CS at a comfortable ceiling but in the pte sector you have to duke it out with all kinds of FTs.