Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherDude View Post
wow. The thread is sure long. I see a lot of people trying to feel out how to navigate when the grad. Just to share my experience.

Grad recently from UOL-BNF.

Have good working experience. was in a Hedge fund, Trading desk and use to run a side company to supplement income. Total work experience is probably around 5 years. now doing commodities trading for mnc. my advice for newcomers is to get your internship sorted out asap. if you have no idea what you wanna do when you enter UNI, that's gonna be a dangerous and slippery road down. If you know what you want, then get the internship in the relevant sectors. TBH, my grades are **** and half the people here probably have better grades than me but that doesn't really matter cause I'm marked by my performance in trading.

if no work exp, Grades are your only saving grace. So bank on it and score it with flying colors. end of the day, work exp> grades. if you're aiming to go IB, then grades ARE your only way(unless of course, your dad owns the bank). anything less than a FCH is gonna be hard thou not impossible. I have seen a few of my friend going IB from private U but they are far and few in between. most of them are the most hardworking people I have known. Connections are key in the finance industry.
More importantly, how much do you earn after 5 years? From the way you sell yourself it should be at least $150 pa?