Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2018, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbk View Post
Hi I currently got a job at a 3rd party vendor for banks. The job description for my role stated performing transaction analysis and the position is stated as aml analyst. When I went for orientation this week, they gave the run down of the position and essentially it is a name screening position which can easily be outsourced to India which is what other banks have done. This company overpromised the role. Should I be looking elsewhere for another compliance or aml role or stick with it for a while? I am also looking into getting into regulatory advisory, what is the career path and education or certs needed for this move. I am currently 24 degree holder. Would a diploma in accounting or scams help? Do you think the aml industry is being outsourced or should I move into other pockets of compliance or take on a more permanent kyc or Cdd role at a bank? Thanks!
FCC investigator here. A diploma in accounting will not help in any direct way. Acams might but there have been people who got into AML without any AML certs. Both tm & kyc operations are increasingly being located offshore but usually their last level stays in Singapore. If you want regulatory advisory and not aml advisory, you should just try to start from regulatory asap. About your current predicament, you just got to weigh the factors but overall if you can help it, get a tm role instead of a name screening one for a good beginning.