Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
PR and foreigner are most willing to accept lower pay and work crappy jobs that locals avoid. Actually in a way, Singaporeans will continue to lose out if they continue to be choosy and expecting unrealistic benefits. The foreigners I encountered gave me the impression they are willing to learn all sorts of things to equip themselves for the job they are after. This is also one aspect that Singaporeans are lacking in. So if you were the employer, who you will choose ?
Are you sure all the Singaporean are like what you say? to my opinion, i think the foreigner are spoiling the Singapore market... if an undergrad foreigner willing to accept $1500 as the starting pay, Singaporean undergrad is not able to raise their salary expectation as employer would benchmark at $1500 for the starting pay. Thinking the fact that the high cost of living in Singapore for a Singaporean compare to the lower cost of living on the foreigner country, which the foreigner simply can earn enough and go back live like a king... it's hard to compare apple to orange, hope you know what i mean