Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all!

Very new here, but have been reading a lot on this forum and I must say it's quite informative, and at times encouraging~ Please allow me to make my virgin post here!

I've resigned from my job for 11 years (10 years 9 months to be exact) in March 0218 and have yet looking for jobs till now. I have lots of interest to enter the Civil Service since for my industry it was one of the best paying with better benefits. Till date, I have applied for more than 20 jobs on the Civil Sector but didn't even get called to go for the 1st interview...

Until my friend gave me a helping hand and internally referred me to his department (in Civil Sector) who is hiring... However, the process is hideously long! Here's the timeline:

23rd May - heard of news of hiring from friend and applied online through portal
1st June - status changed to 'unsuccessful'

Back to friend as to what happened... Then, got called for 1st interview on the 6th June.

6th June - 1st interview. I would assume it went ok...

The interviewers were keen to hire me saying that I was shortlisted for 2nd interview and HR will be calling me 'soon'...

waiting game commences... was starting to think 'game over'... even though friends kept assuring me that HR is slow and must wait...

7th July - Portal finally changed status to 'application under review'

Till date, still awaiting for call for 2nd interview... I wonder if I still stand a chance... Perhaps anyone from Civil Sector or Stat Board HR could advise on this? That would be greatly encouraging...

Cheers and apologizes for a lengthy introduction post!
how abt the hiring processing if i had applied for job with PSD
Any idea on the difference in decision time line between applying for temp and applying for full time position