Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Trading (Crude oil)
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Talking Answer to your questions

1) Is trader a sale-based job?
Ans) Sales is too general to begin with. Some may have monthly target to meet and some may not and remuneration can be based on profit made, it all depends. A trader may or may not have sales target it depends on the company's role in supply chain (Refiner or Trading house) or individual company decision.

2) What is the differences between trader and broker?
Ans) Trader is someone who bought the product before selling it.
Broker is someone who broke a deal to get commission or profit from the deal between two trading entity.

3) Do trader do physical and paper trading?
And what are being done in the trading process?
Ans) It depends on the trader's role. Physical trade may or may not need to be hedged depending on the flat price risk. You can be a pure paper trader as well.
Physical trade is just like buying physical goods and arranging logistics to deliver it to the buyer's delivery place (fob, cfr, des etc..). All cost involved needs to be accounted for.
Paper trade is just like trading common shares, going thru exchanges mostly. But some may be OTC etc.. Like Forwards and Futures. Find out more on their characteristics.

4) What is the general starting pay of a junior crude oil trader?
Ans) Never heard of a Junior Crude trader oil. You might wanna try searching for an assistant trader role. I am sure u can find it out urself man. : )

5) Which are the famous and big companies that are focusing on crude oil trading?
Most NOCs and Majors and some private companies dominating the oilfield in those south american countries.

Thanks,
Compassionate Oil Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobobo View Post
Hi all,

I have just recently graduated.
I am totally clueless about the job scope of a trader but hopefully somebody can enlightened me.
I tried to google some of the question but do hope somebody can correct me if I make mistake.

1) Is trader a sale-based job?
• I have the perception that trading is not really a sale-based job.
Sale related responsibility are done by broker instead.
Am I right?

2) What is the differences between trader and broker?

3) Do trader do physical and paper trading?
And what are being done in the trading process?

4) What is the general starting pay of a junior crude oil trader?

5) Which are the famous and big companies that are focusing on crude oil trading?

Thanks in advance for those who reply to this.
You're awesome!!