Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

May I know whether having honours or not will affect the chance of getting such invitations to HQ postings?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQ worker View Post
1) High-performing non-scholars do get offered such opportunities - usually this follows some type of tea session, though. And a 5-year posting is definitely atypical. Compulsory HQ posting is usually a shorter 2-year stint, in fact!

2) I've heard of people rejecting such postings before (though quite some time ago) - such an opportunity may not pop up again, and (unverified) rumour has it that it might affect your future progression.

3) You might want to find out more by contacting HR - even ask why it's a 5-year posting, and possibly negotiate to at least the standard 3-year posting that people get when applying in via open posting.

4) Quite likely.

Think only you can decide whether it's a good move for you - but having made the move I must say that it was a good learning experience to see the system at work in a different perspective. Five years is a scary commitment, though! Would love to hear more details (if not confidential) about this posting, haha.