Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2018, 12:11 AM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a female, graduated with FCH (with distinction in TP) and is seconded to an independent school though i am still with MOE.

Entered the teaching service in July 2013.
Performance grades were as follows:

2013: C
2014: B
2015 (promoted to GEO 3): C+
2016: C (had HL of 30 days though officially I took only 7, took 6 days marriage leave too)
2017: C+ (was on 16 weeks ML)

Now I'm at the 5th year in independent school, still GEO 3 drawing 5.2k.

Seems like my progression is halted ever since I took on HL.. any chance of promotion for upcoming year since I'm currently transferred to leadership based CCA?
I agree 5 years 5.2k is above avg as compared to mainstream schools. But it is matching of your FCH (Note that TP results doesn't really seem to have an impact on career progression).

Can I verify the subjects that you teach? Most of the teachers I know that were seconded to international school (SG or Overseas) are mostly mother tongue teachers.

I would sadly have to agree that based on the experiences of some of my friends, teachers seconded to independent schools do seem to have a slower career progression as the working style and intensity (e.g. mtgs, admin work) is different compared to government schools. But the pay is relatively higher. On the other hand, there are also people who spend a few years seconded to independent schools, then get pulled to HQ for 3-4 years then come out as HOD/VP. So I guess it really depends..