Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Supply Chain Sector
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Oo RMIT, during my time i wanted to enroll their first batch but was too late haha. I remember the course is really more on logistics and supply chain right? alot calculation and not really theory right? Mine is like business and major in logistics.

In term of stability, i would say more or less same as other profession of course not to compare with Banks. of course if you have your goal in mind then logistics is something for you, especially you gonna have your distribution business in the future.

Nope i am not in procurement anymore, i am in regional pricing role now. Hmmm it will be good to start with buyer provided thats what you really like. Buyer can be a wide scope, like i mentioned direct and indirect. example procurement for service in DELL, they deal with forwarder and select which forwarder to use for their shipments. the process is complicated as they have to know does the service they looking at is suitable, cost saving, supplier strengthen in different region, service level, ops and etc. Basically a team of those ppl in dell will deal with all the forwarders in the world and launch RFQ then it will be months of negotiation with forwarders and carriers, calculating the cost and all the things they need. Is it something you are looking for?

Your lecturer is right, start with log exec and see what you like. There was once when i went to a interview, a director of a pherm company told me the same thing as well. But dont stay long thats another thing he told me. Starting as log exec expose yourself to alot of ops and hand on work which is important. Especially as you move around you will slowly understand what you are doing last time and put all those puzzle together and make sense of things.

Just expose yourself to more thing with open heart and slowly you will specialize in something. And of course, luck plays a great role. I have seen too many example.