Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - desperate
Thread: desperate
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2011, 09:44 AM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

Hmm...

Well, i am not surprised that such hiring practices still occur ie low salary + 1.5 year contract. But my view is take it and keep looking out for a new job.

I am sure the employer whom is giving you this job know this... anyone whom is reasonable will understand that you cannot live to 1.8k without prospect and still have to be bonded to 1.5 years... oh please... where is the consideration for being bonded ? ... I am sure you have the right to resign by serving 1 month notice right ?

But, well, sounds like you can have means to keep searching for a new job. so enjoy the moment.

all the best !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail View Post
I have no problem accepting a lower starting pay if the career development aspect is in place. However, so far I have not been that lucky.

The starting pay for most of my cohort is 2.2 and even individuals who did not do well are demanding (and getting 2.4). Luck plays a part to an extent.

I am willing to take anything because it provides experience, but rationally, i know it does not make much sense to take up a 1.5 years contract (which is a temp position - it is for a Gov. agency but they hire you under temp status so you get no benefits/ nothing basically.. been hearing a whole lot of nay Sayers in my circle so decided to post it to a bigger audience to see a different perspective) Patially, it is because, if I commit 1.5 years I want to see it through the entire period.