Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2018, 10:41 PM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey all! I’m from an Aus uni and over here we have the option of doing honours (an additional year) or not (3 years degree). I’d just like to know what the main difference would be with and without honours; would it take longer for me to get promoted, and would there a be a huge difference in salary? Thanks so much
If you are referring to the PGDE programme, your degree results (which qualifies you for the PGDE programme) would have already determined your pay based on the honours/non-honours. You results at NIE's PGDE programme will not determine your pay unlike those doing Bachelors of Education at NTU-NIE. Difference in salary between honours is a few hundred dollars (e.g. 2nd lower to 2nd upper is a diff of ~200+ dollars)
Promotion is usually not tied to honours, but since having higher honours = higher pay = faster reach pay ceiling, means probably promotion should also come soon (but more likely to depend on performance and YIS)

That being said, I would suggest you to email MOE recruitment to find out if your AU uni will be recognized for the PGDE programme as I have had a few friends who went overseas, got their degrees with honours but got rejected by MOE consistently in the recent years. That way, you can also make a more informed choice

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app