Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can't wait for my TC to end and GTFO of this toxic industry. It is not worth it to waste my youth away and spend days on end in a chair, crouched over my computer. When im old and grey and look back at my youth, I do not want to have no memory of my twenties/thirties besides generic work related stuff. I had an epiphany while watching Up the other day. There is a scene in the movie where the life of the old man was broken down into snapshots of his life. If I continue in this industry, the snapshots of my life will be the one and same picture of me crouched over the computer, under the fluorescent light of the office. That is unacceptable to me. Life is so much more than work. I feel that too many people are drawn into the sunk cost fallacy.
Hep trainee-right? Was in your shoes last year in one of the large firms. Had the same thoughts as you since March 2017. Left in August 2017. But then what’s next?
Was wandering for 6 months. After that still went back legal practice exp the same thing.
Morale of the Story? We all need a job