Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - NUS Bachelor of Arts Fresh Grad Starting Pay?
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2018, 01:56 AM

mangogreen is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonethatgotaway View Post
Hi everyone. I would like some advice and feedback, please. Kindly enlighten me. Please be as honest as you can/would like.

I graduated from NUS last July (year 2011) with a Bachelor of Arts (Pass with Merit) and am drawing a starting pay of SG$2300 gross monthly before CPF cuts. I am working for a non-government, non-profit organisation, environment industry, official working hours 0900 - 1730 hrs, 5-day work week as an Executive. I don't have prior permanent work experience, only did vacation and contract jobs prior to securing this current job, which is my first 'real' permanent job.

Is this a reasonable salary looking at my qualifications/experiences or am I being underpaid? Anyone else with similar qualifications? Care to share how much you're earning and in which industry? I have another job offer with a statutory board, but waiting for them to get back to me with the confirmed offer. They did not stipulate the pay yet although I am guessing somewhere quite similar, though longer working hours (0830 - 1800 hrs) and on some Saturdays too :-/

Thank you very much in advance for all your advice/feedback, and I greatly look to reading what you can share or have to say. Please kindly advice me. I really need some advice.
First of all... what specific subject did you do? That's very important.

Secondly, what are your goals? Do you want to earn more or are you very interested in NGO stuff? If you're altruistic and enjoy the current job, nobody should tell you to leave, but if the underpaid issue is troubling you too much, then ofc you should find smth else that values you more.

Looking for the right job that fits your subj background is important, but what are your other selling points? How are you different from other ppl of the same degree? Your answers to these questions will be what set you apart from the rest. Don't just look at the typical industries ppl of your degree "should" be looking at, but where do you fit as an INDIVIDUAL with unique skills? If you lack those skills, acquire them. Speaking as a social science student from overseas uni.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app