Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

I feel that in teaching u cant really be on your own. So when ur HOD said ppl are afraid to approach you, look it at another point of view where he/she needs you to be a team player means that you need to engage others in meaningful talk even by checking in with you colleagues daily, the SLs and HODs will get a sensing if you can remain in teaching or leadership track. So they can develop you also.
But having said all this, you need to ask yourself why u joined teaching? What is your CORE? It hurts very much when it's open knowledge that some get a ahead by doing things that are undesirable. I've been very lucky. I am non-graduate started with pay that leaves nothing much at the end of the day. But in class i do what is best for my children and in 2015 was promoted to Geo 3 the degree track a provision for non-graduate. It hurts a lot la when again you know some talk nonsense or act blur get more but again i told myself i'm here for the kids. Recently i was informed that i get promoted to Geo 4. All praises to the lord and i will continue for the kids.
Maybe ur time to shine is not yet and God has better plans for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My own RO keeps on saying it. It has been 5 years of the same comment 😖
My RO would say that ppl are afraid to approach me cuz they find me too quiet. I mean..What in the world is this? I talk when needed. I dont do much small talk. Small talk is what they want. Wayang is what they see.
My performance has been not that bad i guess. In the C category..C, C-, C+. Got C- once due to issues out of my will.

I guess it's hard to change ppl's perception. Better that I leave. 🙁🙁