Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cornell vs Cambridge vs SMU
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2011, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is Cambridge really a good school for business? With the weakening of western economies, you might want more of an asian approach.

I would like you to note that the rich kids from China are probably going to be sent to Singapore rather than Cambridge now. It may be a good idea to build contacts/networks with your future business partners now than drinking buddies in Cambridge.
Sorry but this is also rubbish. Numerous schools in the US and UK simply outrank NUS/NTU/SMU. I dont give a s*** about THES/QS and whatever nonsense. Social capital is the single most important factor in the society today and a simple comparison of the alumni from the respective schools will shed light on how deluded some Singaporeans are about the prestige of the local schools.

In fact, some of my friends from the States have never heard about NUS before, much less NTU and the lesser known SMU.

If you intend to settle down/work/live in Sg go ahead and matriculate into SMU. It wont guarantee higher earnings but certainly a sense of belonging and subscription to herd mentality. Otherwise, Cambridge/Cornell is your best choice.

Take this time to see the world kid.