Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Totally agree. I moved in-house upon called. Life is now so much better.
I get to only answer to one boss and not multiple client-bosses plus own law firm boss.
I get paid much more too with 3-6 months bonuses based on company's overall performance (and not my department).

As a matter of fact, I am seeing more and more lawyers moving in-house by their first year or immediately after called. Some even didn't complete their TC.
It used to be after 4pqe but situation is so bad in practice now that people are avoiding practice altogether.

It is that bad huh? Law firms are just good in squeezing the last blood of lawyers.

To those who says I am trolling, perhaps you should open your own eyes and get more exposure outside practice.
Agree. Left practice at PQE 3 (med sized firm, same firm i trained in) and was offered an in-house role with an approx 35% pay rise. 25% upon joining and the remainder after 6 months of having "proved my worth". Expected the first pay rise but not the second, so it was a nice surprise.

Do not regret my decision, even as i watch my peers get senior assoc/junior partner roles. It's just not worth it anymore.