Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SMU top 20 per cent of its graduates starting pay average $5,062
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2011, 08:41 PM

blackswan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3vin View Post
SMU's batch is really small, so definitely the average of the top 20% would be bumped up by those who choose to go overseas. I would think that the "real" top 20% discounting outliers to be perhaps 4.5-4.7? Thats really within the realm of possibility.

I am an arts grad with a pretty useless major, projected 2.1 hons, finished ns. Some international representation of nus and nation, I am fielding offers at 3.7 +/-. after allowances in both private and gov. I dont think its too big a surprise for someone with a better CV and a FCH to be getting 4.5-4.7. Considering even within the government a FCH male could be hitting ~4k +/- with allowances with a good CV within ministries. What more MNCs which are fighting to hire those? They will probably offer more.
congrats. a lot of 2.1 arts grad r getting abt 2.5k-3k in private. Thanks to the system of class of hons starting pay and not major, for GOVT they r getting abt 3.5k. Jus curious which ministry offer u 3.7k? MX scheme shd be standard