Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A salary to become a property agent?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalFarmer View Post
i'm currently holding a government-related job, earning 100k p.a all in. is it crazy to want to switch to selling property? are there any stats on median annual commission rates?

How can I gain access to selling landed property or do all agents need to start from selling smaller HDB flats?

I have a wealth of experience in sales, digital marketing, photography, videography and thought it'd be a good fit for the industry.

comments welcome!
If you wish to join the property industry, find a mentor first. dont go head in without understanding the mechanics of running your "own business". Basically selling property is like doing your own business. You need to invest in marketing, advertising and also spend lots of time doing networking.

Maybe if you have friends already in the industry, ask them if you can tag along during their regular viewings so that you can see how they work.

Alternatively, go and enrol for the CEA course first.....attend the course and take the exam. During the course, you will be expose to the various rules and regulation as well as the procedure in selling as well as to have an opportunity to mingle with like-minded people.

If you are purely planning to go in for the money, my advise is not to start as full time....get the license and start part time to see if you like it.....BUT check your current job contract if they allow you to have a part time job........