Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - No progression in civil service...
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 10:04 PM

Konfidant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which area of finance is it? Private sector finance can be unstable, although pay is high.

One key reason to stay is that it seems like your job is very stable and rather comfortable.. Additionally, given that you're a manager, I would think that your salary is quite good.

For the promotions, objectively thinking, are there any characteristics that the ones who get promoted have that you don't have?
My job right now is similar to auditing, although with much more networking, plus I have people management responsibilities.

I've been headhunted on behalf of banks numerous times, but never took them seriously until now. I do like my current job, but having stagnated for 3 years, with other offers on the table already, really makes me question my unrewarded loyalty.

I've tried to be as objective as I can, but apart from being scholars who have higher education levels (one has Honours, the other has a Masters), I don't see how the ones promoted over me are 'better'. I take more initiative, and do better work judging from numbers alone. If this is how it's going to be from now on, then my only choices for further advancement are to get my postgrad, or switch to the private sector...