Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

I’m not sure if your hubby is also in law. Thanks for sharing.
For me, both me and my ex gf were lawyers. In law school and part B, when we were dating, it was all well and good. The moment we started our TCs, our relationship fractured. We spent every minute quarreling on WhatsApp. Everything became issues we could both picked on, including choosing a seat at Lau Pa Sat. We talked about marriage in law school and part b, even talking about the name we were going to name our kids. I’m not a troll and I’m sharing because I feel law students deserve to know

The sexual attraction also died down. I’m the guy and it’s even worse cos I was in a much larger firm. I received little or no training.

We were both frustrated about things, but the time we had to resolve these issues became very limited. The stress was insanely high, and everything just became frustrating.

At least you resolved your marriage and you are happier with kids now.
My relationship became unsalvagable.
Last I heard she dated another guy but the relationship also failed. Yeah she has a career in law. For me I left the legal profession, too heartbroken that we build things up in law school/part b but it failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Training was bad. Lacked mentoring, daily pressure.

It got much worse after I was qualified.

My health and my relationship with my husband suffered, quarreled almost every morning before leaving for work, fallen sexual drive. My marriage almost gotten a divorce.
Pushed back my plans for baby too. That’s just another story. In short, things just got worse and whatever that I earned could not buy me back my youth and time with my husband and a baby we were wanting to have.

I quit practice.

Still, I find myself rather fortunate compared to many of my friends who ended up single and umnmarried in their 30s with a somewhat imbalanced mindset that work is their everything. And they don’t date at all either. They just take out their frustration on the people in their offices. Basically they have no life to speak of and nobody to love them.

No I am not trying to bash my own gender. You can see it for yourself.