Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SMU top 20 per cent of its graduates starting pay average $5,062
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
In addition, the top 20 per cent of its graduates, usually those working in financial institutions, took home an average salary of $5,062. There were some among the 125 top-earners who were paid up to $13,000 a month.
we need more details on the high earners. for totally fresh grad, how much value can he/she add? don't forget that his person comes with zero relevant experience. totally unproven.

if i'm a hiring manager, how do i justify this guy getting so much pay? if he fails to deliver, it's gonna look bad on me.

i remember this has been discussed somewhere in this website (gotta dig). some people speculated that such a high earner could be some rich man's son and has connections to big shots in MNCs and banks, or the rich man himself hired the son.

but that said, i know of a girl getting hired into dealing room at 8k. but she's very smart and very pretty to boot. looks matter. but 8k is still nothing compared to 13k.

if i'm the biggest shot in the world, i wouldn't hire any fresh grad at 13k (why should i?), unless i owe somebody a favour.