Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Verified Member

Sierra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Like I said before, it depends on a multitude of factors, some of which I've already listed. In process really doesn't mean anything except "we're starting to read these now". Keep in mind if the closing date is, say, 11 Feb, and you submitted on 5 Feb or similar, then you'll be close to the bottom of the pile, and we may not even get to you before we choose somebody.

You usually get contacted before you get toggled to "shortlisted", although sometimes it may work the other way around.

No. Only when it's ticked as "Unsuccessful" does it mean you didn't get it. Depending on the job, the "Submitted" tag can stay there for quite a while. All the different government groups work at different paces. Sometimes you might stay as "Submitted" for over 2 months if that HR department is particularly swamped and unable to get to the posting.
Thanks so much for the clarification. Another small qns, i might be jumping the gun asking this but, regarding the expected salary, will we be able to negotiate our expected salary? I forgot to change my expected salary in my application and the figure was dated quite some time back.