Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - What should I expect for my salary?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4revolution View Post
Hi all, need some advice on what I should expect for my salary.

I'm currently working as a service engineer for 4 years drawing 2.6k per month private sector. I started at 1.8k with Diploma from SP

I recently finished my exams for my double major in accounting and banking at a private uni (currently just waiting for results). Naturally I'm looking to get a job that is more relevant to my field of study.
What's the salary should I be expecting to be offered? I'm asking for both civil service and private sector.

Many thanks in advance!
If you want me to be specific for Public Service jobs, you'd have to specify the university and your honours class. We in the Public Service HR have a lot more directives in place for academics.

Plus, from what I can see, your studies and your job experience are kind of unrelated.

If you were to go into the highly competitive accounting or banking fields, your experience thus doesn't factor in that well. Plus, since you were in a private university, your chances against higher-ranked academics are not high. Your expected salary would range from 2.1k to 2.4k, which is lower than your present salary.

In this case, my recommendation would be to ask for a transfer into a more related department of your current workplace, as they already have established rapport with you.