Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm so glad to receive a conditional offer Can't wait to embark on new career.

HR said that they will conduct background check and prepare me for the medical check.
So what is the background check about?
Only character check with my referee and HR of the previous company?

just wonder if I don't get a good word from ex-HR,will it cause me to fail the background check?

I had contacted my referee(ex-colleague).She had warned me about our ex-HR who is a big follower of my ex-boss,they get offened when employees resign...-.-"
Congratulations. All the best on your new endeavour.

Background checks are different depending on the security level clearance required. The highest are the MHA, MFA, and CPIB; they will check your references, educational background, family background, criminal records (if any), political agenda (if possible), etc.

Most will simply call your reference and maybe conduct a rudimentary background check.

There are some HR officers like that, not going to lie. In such a case, do not list them as the reference and have an answer ready for "Why did you quit your previous line of work?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the chance of hiring freeze after all the interviews are conducted?
In the Public Service? Zero. We always recruit new staff every quarter to offset the potential retirees of that specific period of time, and possibly grow the company if that is what is mandated. Only when companies are closing down or being downsized is a hiring freeze a possibility.