Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - What are the job options for a biology graduate in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Talking

After reading so much from this forum, I believe its time for me to contribute some of my experiences.

I came from an MNC background (a very huge one in fact) and I just want to highlight this. I have personally seen cases whereby Sporeans are given the miss when it comes to job opportunities? Reason --> too highly pay or increment asking too much. In fact, such a thing is happening within my dept and I am not shy to ask my manager why this is so.

Look at it this way, almost every MNC (esp those from US) are cutting their budgets unless you are in the revenue generating dept. (I may be wrong, but thats what I hear from a lot of my friends around me). Assuming one candidate comes from PH and one from SG and both are of the same calibre, guess u have the answer as to who they will hire.

Even when the co pays that FT the salary that he/she is asking for, its still much cheaper. Why? Because most of this FT comes on a local package and its way way much lower than what Sporeans are getting. No lie, go ask your HR on this.

Look around you these days, you will know what I mean. Anyway enough of this, to escape this condemn cycle either 1) You start your own business 2) Suck it up aka be content with what you have 3) Migrate

(FYI. dont tell me that by working in a IB/ or as a commodity trader etc I will be able to escape this condemn cycle -- you need to ask yourself, do u have the calibre to be one?