Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position)
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh NKF... Sorry I was under the impression you were a Executive Director in the public sector like a ministry or stat board, hence my reply was geared towards that. NKF's job titles are a completely different thing altogether.

I know it sounds discouraging, but the truth is I doubt recruiters in the market including the public sector would consider that as 8 years of senior level management experience. In terms of both pay and job complexity, most would equate that as a middle or mid-low level management in public sector/GLC and maybe even non-management senior associate level in bigger MNCs.

Anyway since you want to take on admin roles, there's really no need to restrict yourself to a school AM. There's plenty of opportunities in ministries and stat boards which are admin/planning in nature at around the AD/SM level which are IMO more suitable for you.

Those jobs will also be more challenging/empowered and allow you to make use of your skills and in the process learn from colleagues who are at or higher than your level. Even if you get this job, you go in there do basic office work done by counterparts in their 20s and early 30s and get forever pay freezed due to cap without progression really not a good fit.
I mostly agree. But no need to be so negative as the TS just wants some encouragement to find a good stable job for his final career stretch. Have some empathy instead of attacking on all these unimportant details. Same thing might happen to you when you are 50.