Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Default Happy Holidays

Hi everyone,

Would like to wish one and all a happy holiday!

I have not written here for a long while; was kept busy by work. This long weekend has been a much needed and welcomed break. It also gave me time to unwind and reflect on what the past year has been and what I should focus on for the new year.

All in all, 2017 has been another great year in almost all aspects. Children doing well at work, family in good health and happy, and networth grew at a healthy clip. In 2017, we made short trips to Queensland Australia, KL and Taiwan.

Next year my wife and I will be 58, and will still be working. Working is optional for us and when work is optional, it is actually less stressful. We will work as long as we feel we can still contribute and as long as our companies want us.

In terms of financial health, our networth grew by $400k in 2017 (barring unforeseen circumstances in the last one week to 2018).

At 58, and with our children in the workforce, we are truly in the golden period of our wealth building phase. The golden period is where your salary peaks (or is peaking), your investments bear fruits while your financial obligations diminish. For typical families, this golden period should stretch from 55/56 to 65.

Families should exploit this golden period to build / shore up their retirement nest eggs. Sadly, many people chose to quit work right smack into this period.

Anyway, to each his own.

Once again, happy holidays!