Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing. Let me share my 2017.

On the financial side, we are doing ok. Our small condo is almost paid up, we can actually clear the mortgage if we want to but since our mortgage rate is still lower than CPF rate of 2.5%, we don't want to pay off. If the banks raise mortgage rates to above 2.5%, we will clear our mortgage. We will advise family and friends to clear their mortgage as fast as possible.

We will soon approach 55 years old. We want to retire at 55. We aim to generate a passive income of $4k pm by 55 which will be enough for the two of us in retirement. We may not need a car by then. Can always use delivery service for buying cooked food, groceries, etc. We can cook our own delicious and nutritious meals. As our condo is near an MRT station, we can travel easily around the island. A car will cost at least $2k pm to own and maintain. Stupid waste of money, especially since we don't need a car when we retire.

We don't need so much money to retire as long as we have medical insurance to cover major medical expenses if needed. Food and utilities don't cost much for two old persons. You don't need a passive income of $100k pa to retire unless you want to own a luxury car, employ a maid, eat at restaurants 3x a week, go to Europe for holidays 2x a year, party every weekend, etc. A retired couple with modest lifestyle will just need $3k pm, assuming their retirement home is paid up and they are debt free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Review of 2017

2017 was a good year.

I have enjoyed 5 years of happy retirement from the corporate world. My wealth also grew in tandem with the global markets. My investments gave me a nice passive income for my livelihood.

I am blessed with many blessings. I own a three-bedroom luxurious condominium unit located in a good location, investment properties and stocks which generate passive income and a continental luxury sedan. I have a happy family, good friends, overseas holidays, etc.

I have also taken better care of my health. My health has improved. I can enjoy life more with better health.

I am very grateful for all my blessings.

I am looking forward to my 50th birthday.