Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position)
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPO View Post
Thank you for your reply...

And for most part of what you've said, you were actually quite right...truth is, I no longer desire to be in senior management. I am happy to share my past experiences and contribute at a lower level.

I did subtly convey the above message and my desire to make MOE my last career stop during the interview...as for the wait, you are right too, no need to get overly hung up about it.

I just needed to hear that from someone...thank you.
I can understand where you are coming from, but there is a big difference between not wanting to progress to senior management and actually applying for an entry level job.

TBH if I'm the hirer I will also be suspicious of your motivations. Are you here to just pass time while waiting for a proper offer? Are you here just to slack by choosing work that is obviously way below what you can do? Did you not progress outside and learn anything that's why need to start from basic admin? etc. You get the idea.

Anyway nothing much to do except wait. But more importantly my advice going forward is if you want to find a slow moving, relaxing, work life balance, less stress job, it's OK to apply for jobs in civil service that are a bit lower than your exp (maybe around AD level), but to jump all the way back to entry level admin will make you over qualified and ironically lower your chances of getting the offer.

My 2c.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app