Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Been trying very hard to improve my career, but I feel stuck
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2017, 06:18 PM

Casey Tan is on a distinguished road

Improving one's skills is really important now in digital age. As much as possible i think it is best to enhance our knowledge and skills to be competitive.

I just read this article that says according to research, "Employees fear for job security due to lack of digital skills in Singapore, Hong kong and malaysia - 58% of employees across these three countries went on further to explain that their current roles involved large amounts of repetitive tasks that could be automated, compared to the global average of 44%. Singapore employees were slightly more optimistic - five in ten (49%), stated that their jobs involved less repetitive tasks that could be automated compared to their counterparts in the region. Despite this, eight in ten (84%) Singapore employees still felt the need to learn more digital skills, surpassing the global average by 20%" (Source: employees fear for job security due to lack of digital skills

Point is, are we part of this 49% who are optimistic about our career and enhancing our skills or are we part of the 51% percent who feel stuck and don't want to improve our skills whether learning or digital. We all have a choice, to grow or not.