Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone attended interviews at govt agencies and felt like you were just there to make up the quota for interview as the hiring department had already decided who to hire (and not you) before your turn for the interview, through very obvious hints during the interview?

Attended this second round interview recently at a govt agency and felt that my time was quite wasted and the interview panel was rather insincere as one of the interviewers kept harping on the negative aspects of me seeking new employment and directly asked me if I would continue to seek other job openings if I were not offered the job, while the other interviewer were busy on his laptop and seemed to be uninterested in the interview throughout the whole session. HR also remained quiet throughout the whole interview session. Nonetheless, the interview gave me an opportunity to prepare better for the next one that comes along.
Which agency is that?

It's not unusual, though I haven't experienced it myself (I've been to interviews at ~5 gov agencies).