Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, I have read some good advices from here and I am hoping that this thread is still active so that I can get some feedback as well. I am a penultimate student reading accountancy in NTU and I recently secured a winter internship spot at KPMG (this coming dec).

Since I will already be doing an audit role in one of the Big 4s, I am wondering if I should try a different internship during Summer (May next year). Is it better for me to try out the various banks in SG (DBS, OCBC, ...) or public sector (acc roles in govt institutions like HDB..)? Any advices on which will give me a better leverage in my future career? Should I even consider another internship at one of the Big 4s? I'm currently on track for high second-upper.

Thank you!
But what's your ultimate career goal? If you're staying in accounting/finance, just do Big 4. Accounting is considered a cost centre in banks and MNCs, so the salary and career progression is slow. Big 4 experience accelerates your career very quickly, but the caveat is that you have to be mentally resilient enough to stay for at least 3 years.