Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 03:39 AM
Unregistered

Wah all the negativity towards fresh grads joining jap banks. And here I tot I could be learning something substantial and useful that would be deemed valuable to future prospective employers. I have just been offered an Officer position by BTMU btw.

Here in this forum ppl say local banks are better as there is a higher learning progression; ironically, in my previous job at DBS, it was like a deadwood. I hardly learnt anything and was made to do very mundane and manual tasks as a pre-processor. I was alr a degree holder by then.

If what netizens state here is true about fresh grads in Jap banks, then my fate will probably be no different. :/ Altho i have not officially started work at btmu yet, the interviewer told me high OT would be necessary on some days. Which differs from what some of you said about jap banks having work life balance. Maybe it depends on the rank and job scope ba.

Anyway the job market is rather bad right now so ill just take it in the meantime and see how in future.