Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'll try to answer those questions which I can.
As far as I know, EM doesn't distinguish between the different honours. All get the same starting pay (ladies without NS get $200 less)

I'm not too familiar with the 5% extra component but I know it's there. They just give you 5% more on top of your pay.

Annual package is 12 + 3 which is a fixed 15 months a year.

Increment is half yearly for the first 2 years. Based on what I've heard from my friends, the increment ranges from 100-300. Not too sure about how the increment works after the first 2 years though.

Shell on the other hand has a starting pay of $3400 (ladies without NS get $200 less). Fixed bonus is at 3 months, and there's additional variable bonus which varies every year depending on the company performance. It's true that the pay after about 3 years is more than $5100.
From the above information it sounds like Shell is offering better salary benefit on general terms. This is interesting. Would anyone who knows about ExxonMobil Singapore Chemical Plant give me an idea about the work culture at there? Also, what are the future opportunity assuming if one works there for say 10 years, will the person be able to look for a better opportunity elsewhere - to be specific I am concern about project engineering/management role. Would the person working as a project engineer be limited to working in the downstream sector of O&G specifically chemical plant sector after that number of years of work experience in ExxonMobil? If not, what are other available options that you can suggest? I appreciate your comments and thoughts. Thank you.