Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (http://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (http://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   OCBC Young Bankers Programme (http://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7898-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-young-bankers-programme.html)

ricecake 17-09-2016 06:59 PM

OCBC Young Bankers Programme
 
Could someone provide me with some insights about the video interview?

Are you allowed to exceed the time given for you to answer a question? And if so, by how much? I'm afraid if I exceed the time given my answer will be cut off abruptly.

Also, could anyone give me some samples of the video interview questions?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

fusionfishy 18-09-2016 09:43 PM

young banker
 
you received any other interviews?
ahh i didnt receive for young banker... dk what went wrong

ricecake 19-09-2016 11:28 PM

Nope
 
Not yet, just wanted to clarify on the video interview because I'm really bad with video interviews.

Don't worry about it! Maybe HR is still processing the applications?

Unregistered 24-09-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricecake (Post 90470)
Could someone provide me with some insights about the video interview?

Are you allowed to exceed the time given for you to answer a question? And if so, by how much? I'm afraid if I exceed the time given my answer will be cut off abruptly.

Also, could anyone give me some samples of the video interview questions?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Even if the system doesn't cut you off, do you really want to take the risk and not follow the basic instruction given? Not gonna reflect well on you if you exceed even if the system does not cut you off

ricecake 25-09-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90677)
Even if the system doesn't cut you off, do you really want to take the risk and not follow the basic instruction given? Not gonna reflect well on you if you exceed even if the system does not cut you off

Not that I don't want to stick to the timing, but say you are in the midst of saying something, and you can't complete your sentence within the time limit given, you would have to continue talking until you can finish what you are saying. Otherwise, whatever you are saying would not make any sense at all to the HR.

ricecake 25-09-2016 07:46 PM

Video interview tips
 
In any case, if anyone has got any tips on how to tackle video interview questions within the time limit, it would be most appreciated :)

Unregistered 25-09-2016 10:50 PM

hey ricecake u got apply for the DBS GA ops?
did they reply anything yet

did u get any other replies for the video interview?

Unregistered 28-09-2016 09:37 PM

DBS or OCBC programme better? Harder to get in?

Unregistered 28-09-2016 10:26 PM

Just want to advise everyone not to be so hard up on these graduate programmes. These programmes are not elite programmes and you will always be lower than the MAs. You WILL be underpaid and regret your decision after 1-2 years when the programme ends.

Unregistered 28-09-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90759)
Just want to advise everyone not to be so hard up on these graduate programmes. These programmes are not elite programmes and you will always be lower than the MAs. You WILL be underpaid and regret your decision after 1-2 years when the programme ends.

The OCBC YBP may not be elite scheme, but at least they pay 75-80k including bonus & allowance. This is nothing compare to banking elites, but still consider much better than typical fresh grad package already.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2