Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Project Manager
Thread: Project Manager
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by felzus View Post
Thank you a lot for your info, i hope more people can give me advice. Recently i have also been thinking about this issue that this course is too general. Once, a friend told me that it would be better to pursue a course that is more specific, eg instead of Business Studies, one should pursue individual zoom intos, eg Fund Management. Therefore, i have been reconsidering my choice about Project and Facilities management and have been thinking about Architecture/Civil Engineering instead. One question, is there are significant difference between civil engineering and architecture? Because, they are in different faculties: Architecture in built environment, civil engineering in engineering. Please enlighten me about the specific differences... Also, if i pursue architecture, will my future job revolve around the design of blueprints of buildings/decision of required materials only? Thank you.

your future job involved kissing up to people and trying to get ahead. whatever technical aptitute u need , u will probalbly be trained for OJT. architecture is better than civil engineering. better pay, harder to get in. civil engineering sux basically. lots of my civil e grad friends either foreman consturction site , or change job become financial advisor/planner (i.e fancy name for insurance agent). and no, these are people from NTU, not some rojak uni.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app