Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Retirement (https://forums.salary.sg/retirement/)
-   -   Retiring in Taiwan (https://forums.salary.sg/retirement/12952-retiring-taiwan.html)

retiree 03-08-2020 11:27 PM

Retiring in Taiwan

I've heard many people talking about spending their retirement in JB and Thailand cities where cost of living is lower.

What about Taiwan? My wife and I have been thinking of moving to Taiwan after retirement. Language is no issue, people are friendlier and cost of living is definitely lower than in Singapore.

Any thoughts?

Unregistered 04-08-2020 11:57 AM

taiwan have earthquake....big earthquake

Unregistered 04-08-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143235)
taiwan have earthquake....big earthquake

Check out the seismic hazard map. Seems Taipei and Hualien are safe cities to be in.

s://static.temblor.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/TEM-vs-CGS-hazard-models.jpg

Unregistered 04-08-2020 03:58 PM

you can choose to live where you want.
other people's opinion don't matter.

Unregistered 05-08-2020 09:51 PM

Due to covid situation, I'm thinking of retiring earlier. Work life is getting tougher.

sinkingfeeling 07-08-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiree (Post 143215)
I've heard many people talking about spending their retirement in JB and Thailand cities where cost of living is lower.

What about Taiwan? My wife and I have been thinking of moving to Taiwan after retirement. Language is no issue, people are friendlier and cost of living is definitely lower than in Singapore.

Any thoughts?

You sure? Taiwan people always like to dee siao us Singaporeans leh :(

retiree 08-08-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 143464)
You sure? Taiwan people always like to dee siao us Singaporeans leh :(

They don't like us? Any reason?

Unregistered 10-08-2020 01:04 AM

Do reconsider. Singapore food much better in variety than Taiwan food. Weather wise, in cold Taiwan at the end of the year, you will appreciate being able to wear t shirt and slippers out on the streets in Singapore.

Want retire JB is a much better choice than tw.

Unregistered 14-08-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143594)
Do reconsider. Singapore food much better in variety than Taiwan food. Weather wise, in cold Taiwan at the end of the year, you will appreciate being able to wear t shirt and slippers out on the streets in Singapore.

When it's cold in TW, come back to SG for a holiday!

Unregistered 14-08-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143594)

Rent out HDB in SG and go rent apartment in JB, use the difference to sustain your lifestyle