Salary.sg Forums - Reply to Topic
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs > MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary.sg Forums

Thread: MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Human Verification To prove you are a human and not a computer program that spams, please check the box below and answer any further questions if prompted.

Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Today 03:26 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.
Thank you for your openness and honesty, however in the words of LKY, not many in the current strawberry gen workers can take such unvarnished "Hard Truths" to keep Singapore going.
Today 02:58 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.
Shut the fck up boomer
Today 01:10 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
iím sorry to say, ppl these days can easily make up for your 200k per year within a short span of time. so i disagree on your disagreement. 😀
So you are saying our male citizens doing NS are actually losing more than $200k a year for each year of NS service?

Sad that the newbies in MINDEF replacing me with supposedly higher salaries can't even refute a simple argument logically.
Today 11:15 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.

iím sorry to say, ppl these days can easily make up for your 200k per year within a short span of time. so i disagree on your disagreement. 😀
Today 10:44 AM
Unregistered After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.
Yesterday 05:15 PM
Unregistered Has anyone who applied recently been contacted or updated on their DXO application status?
17-01-2022 02:33 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nobody will be able to tell you this, but your imagination is somewhat towards the right direction (probably), but its not high until somewhere you cannot estimate, the job have different demands also.

But motherhood statement everywhere, scholars tends to do better
Agreed.. the risk is that if this job becomes a dead-end career with slow progression, you are going to be really miserable later on. Even if you leave, will have difficulty finding job outside since this is a very niche kind of work.
17-01-2022 11:35 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Polygraph likely is the last few stages already, it is lucky to go for more stage means more chance
Hi! does anyone know if there will be more stages after polygraph?
17-01-2022 11:14 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why do people who work just a few years call them sevles mid careers? LoL
why do people assume ppl who call themselves mid-career did not work for 10 years prior?
16-01-2022 04:28 PM
Unregistered i would consider ppl who work approx 10-15 years to be mid career
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2