Salary.sg Forums - Reply to Topic
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs > Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary.sg Forums

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Thread: Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Human Verification To prove you are a human and not a computer program that spams, please check the box below and answer any further questions if prompted.

Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Today 09:30 AM
Unregistered Given the long waiting time of approval/clearance process, what would be a good timeline to follow up with HR?

Currently 6 weeks into waiting since HR informed me that I am submitted for approval/clearance, have sent an email once every 2-3 weeks. Wonder if it is too frequent? If so, how often should I be sending a follow up email?
Today 09:17 AM
ipod
Wsip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
does WISP means a lower salary or something?

I notice all are contract and some seem non renewable. But i dont understand the difference between WISP and the other traineeship schemes
Anyone know about the salary?
21-11-2020 01:19 PM
Unregistered Hi i need an opinion. I was previously in Company A. My friend is working in Company B and asked if i was interested to join his company. I said yes. Company B’s HR said i have to resign from Company A before they can arrange an interview as both companies are in the same industry.

After interview with Company B, next day HR called to say they’re happy to proceed with my application and an offer will be made within 2 weeks. All my references have been contacted already too and background checks all cleared. At the same time, Company C made an offer to me and response has to be in 2 days. I rejected Company C as i was more keen on Company B and they sort of said an offer will be made.

However, 1 week later, another HR from Company B called to say there is restructuring in the organisation and there is a newly appointed Principal Manager who will be my new Reporting Officer and she requested for another interview! Throughout the interview, she kept “err.. so..” and kept repeating the same questions. I had 2 degrees and she couldn’t even tell the difference! Few days later, the new HR emailed me to say they decided to not proceed with me as i had signs of nervousness during the interview!

Wondering if there is anything i can do? As i was sort of given a verbal offer hence i rejected another offer, and i resigned my previous job cause they said i have to! Quite upsetting cause you can’t reject someone due to nervousness?
21-11-2020 01:19 PM
Unregistered
Opinions

Hi i need an opinion. I was previously in Company A. My friend is working in Company B and asked if i was interested to join his company. I said yes. Company B’s HR said i have to resign from Company A before they can arrange an interview as both companies are in the same industry.

After interview with Company B, next day HR called to say they’re happy to proceed with my application and an offer will be made within 2 weeks. All my references have been contacted already too and background checks all cleared. At the same time, Company C made an offer to me and response has to be in 2 days. I rejected Company C as i was more keen on Company B and they sort of said an offer will be made.

However, 1 week later, another HR from Company B called to say there is restructuring in the organisation and there is a newly appointed Principal Manager who will be my new Reporting Officer and she requested for another interview! Throughout the interview, she kept “err.. so..” and kept repeating the same questions. I had 2 degrees and she couldn’t even tell the difference! Few days later, the new HR emailed me to say they decided to not proceed with me as i had signs of nervousness during the interview!

Wondering if there is anything i can do? As i was sort of given a verbal offer hence i rejected another offer, and i resigned my previous job cause they said i have to! Quite upsetting cause you can’t reject someone due to nervousness?
21-11-2020 01:17 PM
Unregistered
Need an opinion

Hi i need an opinion. I was previously in Company A. My friend is working in Company B and asked if i was interested to join his company. I said yes. Company B’s HR said i have to resign from Company A before they can arrange an interview as both companies are in the same industry.

After interview with Company B, next day HR called to say they’re happy to proceed with my application and an offer will be made within 2 weeks. All my references have been contacted already too and background checks all cleared. At the same time, Company C made an offer to me and response has to be in 2 days. I rejected Company C as i was more keen on Company B and they sort of said an offer will be made.

However, 1 week later, another HR from Company B called to say there is restructuring in the organisation and there is a newly appointed Principal Manager who will be my new Reporting Officer and she requested for another interview! Throughout the interview, she kept “err.. so..” and kept repeating the same questions. I had 2 degrees and she couldn’t even tell the difference! Few days later, the new HR emailed me to say they decided to not proceed with me as i had signs of nervousness during the interview!

Wondering if there is anything i can do? As i was sort of given a verbal offer hence i rejected another offer, and i resigned my previous job cause they said i have to! Quite upsetting cause you can’t reject someone due to nervousness?
20-11-2020 08:11 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Quite common. Cat 1 is very long. My colleague waited 8 months. Ur fine.
3 months approx
20-11-2020 03:53 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its been 7 Weeks since verbal offer, still awaiting for the CAT1 clearance. Really don't know how long will it takes.
Quite common. Cat 1 is very long. My colleague waited 8 months. Ur fine.
20-11-2020 01:02 AM
Unregistered Its been 7 Weeks since verbal offer, still awaiting for the CAT1 clearance. Really don't know how long will it takes.
19-11-2020 03:34 PM
Unregistered Hi, can I know if anyone's application was processing for few months after 2nd interview but was eventually rejected?

I was told by HR that mine was still processing (for about 2 months+) but wasn't given a verbal offer/medical checkup questionnaire etc.

Can I know if anyone managed to get a verbal offer eventually after waiting for 2 months+ from 2nd interview?
15-11-2020 10:40 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, does anyone know if submitting a cover letter will help in the application in [email protected]?
Like any other job applications in any other sectors, cover letter can help you better explain why you are more suited for the job than just a resume. It really depends on whether the hiring manager is interested to read it I guess.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2