Salary.sg Forums - Reply to Topic
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs > Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary.sg Forums

Thread: Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Human Verification To prove you are a human and not a computer program that spams, please check the box below and answer any further questions if prompted.

Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Today 07:48 PM
Unregistered What do they mean by a conditional offer though? Means you need clear security is it? Thatís why so long?
Today 06:26 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have yet to email hr to check. Would like to know how long this takes usually so that I can gauge when is a reasonable time to check with hr, especially since with the virus I presume it would take longer
timeline does vary greatly e.g. between different agencies, hr practices, appointment level etc etc

but i guess to check-in with HR at the 1 month point is reasonable
Today 06:09 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, a SB emailed me an update that they would be coming up with a conditional offer almost a month ago but I have yet to hear from them till now. Does it mean they no longer want to hire me? How long do they usually take?
I have yet to email hr to check. Would like to know how long this takes usually so that I can gauge when is a reasonable time to check with hr, especially since with the virus I presume it would take longer
Today 05:58 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, a SB emailed me an update that they would be coming up with a conditional offer almost a month ago but I have yet to hear from them till now. Does it mean they no longer want to hire me? How long do they usually take?
have you called or emailed their HR to check on progress?
Today 05:29 PM
Unregistered Hi everyone, a SB emailed me an update that they would be coming up with a conditional offer almost a month ago but I have yet to hear from them till now. Does it mean they no longer want to hire me? How long do they usually take?
27-05-2020 11:25 PM
WorkSmart Hi there !

It will be stage one. Are you familiar with it ?

Can you please kindly share with me the different stages in the interview process?

Thank you !
27-05-2020 11:20 PM
Unregistered MFA which stage are you at? theres the roundtable, full day assessment, panel interviews etc
27-05-2020 11:14 PM
WorkSmart Hi there ,

Anyone can share with me any interview tips for MFA? What sort of essays , case study and type of discussion will there be ?


Thank you !
25-05-2020 10:48 PM
sharon.yeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unfortunately, I have already e-signed the contracts alrdy. (Though Iím required to sign the hard copy on day 1 again.)
Does that mean if I back out now, my future applications to current (or all SB) will be blacklisted?
I've always found transparent communication to work the best. May be better to give HR a call to share verbally first, before following up with a formal email.

Share your considerations and rationale for opting for the other job offer, and the situation you're going through which may make the other job offer a better mutual fit at this point in time. Doing the communication verbally first also helps express your sincerity and understand how the company approaches such situations.
23-05-2020 12:34 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unfortunately, I have already e-signed the contracts alrdy. (Though Iím required to sign the hard copy on day 1 again.)
Does that mean if I back out now, my future applications to current (or all SB) will be blacklisted?
hmm...e sign is pretty much just a preliminary signing for the actual contract so i'd say the door is still open for you to exit! Just plan well how to broach this topic with HR, be honest and polite. Hi HR, my apologies but I would like to inform you of my decision to withdraw from this position after all, due to personal reasons. Something along these lines. Make sure you really apologize as sincerely as you can as it's quite rude la honestly to back out now but it's still early so it's fine. Anyway to ans your question, the blacklist is usually internal, so it will just be this SB if you do get blacklisted by HR. Of course there may not be a formal blacklist but HR will probably mark you next time if you apply again lol
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2