Salary.sg Forums - Reply to Topic
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies > DSTA (under Mindef)

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




Salary.sg Forums

Thread: DSTA (under Mindef) Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Human Verification To prove you are a human and not a computer program that spams, please check the box below and answer any further questions if prompted.

Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
07-12-2021 11:32 AM
Unregistered NS is a privilege. You should feel honored to serve your country. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
06-12-2021 10:36 PM
Unregistered now fighting NS is liability anot? hehe
06-12-2021 07:02 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a female working in statboard and even I have to admit that females have a 2 year career headstart over males. There's a reason why employers always call it "NS liability", not "NS advantage".
Eh, if it is a liability but why my male colleagues everytime go reservist so happy? Like go holiday? Or maybe because government job supportive of reservist? Some told me they took it as off loading work and i totally agreed with them. The liability in government sector is less felt compared to private.
06-12-2021 06:46 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a female working in statboard and even I have to admit that females have a 2 year career headstart over males. There's a reason why employers always call it "NS liability", not "NS advantage".
Try harder to act a female. No female I have spoken to in this 10 years think that they have a headstart.
06-12-2021 06:38 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a female working in statboard and even I have to admit that females have a 2 year career headstart over males. There's a reason why employers always call it "NS liability", not "NS advantage".
yes if the lady is a good performer, she would have 2 years of showing to the bosses her potential thus the trajectory can be earlier established than the guy
06-12-2021 05:36 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I didn't serve, in fact, I signed on for a few years but when I left to join the public sector, HR don't recognise my years in the force. So it is not about females signing on so to enjoy same benefits, it is whether government want to recognise females serving. If you think that NS will let you lose out to your female counterparts, don't bother to join public service, just go private because you don't need those benefits.

Public sector compensated you and you kp, never compensate you also kp. Go change sex la. Lol
I'm a female working in statboard and even I have to admit that females have a 2 year career headstart over males. There's a reason why employers always call it "NS liability", not "NS advantage".
06-12-2021 11:45 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I didn't serve, in fact, I signed on for a few years but when I left to join the public sector, HR don't recognise my years in the force. So it is not about females signing on so to enjoy same benefits, it is whether government want to recognise females serving. If you think that NS will let you lose out to your female counterparts, don't bother to join public service, just go private because you don't need those benefits.

Public sector compensated you and you kp, never compensate you also kp. Go change sex la. Lol
Really talk cock. The other poster didn't even talk about males losing out to females. Of course govt will recognize females who serve NS. Since you like sex change so much, you can sew your cb and attach a dick to show the HR.
06-12-2021 01:58 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then why don't you enlist and serve 2 years NS to get the benefit too?
I didn't serve, in fact, I signed on for a few years but when I left to join the public sector, HR don't recognise my years in the force. So it is not about females signing on so to enjoy same benefits, it is whether government want to recognise females serving. If you think that NS will let you lose out to your female counterparts, don't bother to join public service, just go private because you don't need those benefits.

Public sector compensated you and you kp, never compensate you also kp. Go change sex la. Lol
06-12-2021 01:49 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I dont know if any of your HR told you that NS is considered as 2 years working experience and counted in when they generate package for a males. As such, they usually offer higher package as to female and also because of that, completing a 3 years in public service reward you with the one off merit incentive for 5 years service award.

I have seen many male colleagues who have only 4 years working experience, but because HR counted in that 2 years NS, they ended up getting a package that a female with 10-12 years working experience then can get. This is widely known in public service. If the guys dont believe, they can go ask their female counterparts to verify with their package to see.
Then why don't you enlist and serve 2 years NS to get the benefit too?
06-12-2021 12:50 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I dont know if any of your HR told you that NS is considered as 2 years working experience and counted in when they generate package for a males. As such, they usually offer higher package as to female and also because of that, completing a 3 years in public service reward you with the one off merit incentive for 5 years service award.

I have seen many male colleagues who have only 4 years working experience, but because HR counted in that 2 years NS, they ended up getting a package that a female with 10-12 years working experience then can get. This is widely known in public service. If the guys dont believe, they can go ask their female counterparts to verify with their package to see.
If it bothers u so much, then just go private sector instead of whining non stop. Everyone already mentioned abt females having extra 2 years of salary big advantage but it just canít sink into your head for some unknown reasons. U can choose to serve NS too if u think itís a massive advantage.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2